Postern is seeking a dynamic and strategic leader for it’s Frederick, MD team. The Art Director establishes the conceptual and stylistic direction and manages a creative initiative from start to finish, guiding a cross-functional creative team in strategies and developing design solutions across multiple channels (print, digital, animation, video, photography).
Reporting to the Creative Director, The Art Director will work with and lead a collaborative team of designers and production specialists. We seek a candidate that possesses top-notch communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and project-management skills. These key soft skills help manage time and resources efficiently while inspiring originality and creative thinking in the process. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the client and the project team.
- Develop print, interactive and social creative solutions that meet our client’s business objectives and advance their brand
- Lead, develop and mentor the graphic design team
- Research and develop strategies that are integrated with client’s goals and priorities and advise on budgetary, technical, visual, or creative issues that arise
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Principal, including meeting with clients, traveling, assisting with new business presentations and internal initiatives.
- Responsible for the organization of design resources, including design files, client history, assets, vendor contracts
- Develop and nurture strong client and relationships and deliver an exceptional client experience
- Manage vendor relationships including art direction of photo shoots and overseeing print projects with printers, including writing specifications for printed projects
- Assist the Owner with proposal writing when necessary
- Promote the visibility of Postern in the region through local public relations and leading our participation in local events
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in the design and advertising industry
- 3 years of agency experience
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or a related field
- Experience leading a team of creatives from concept to completion
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workplace Suite
- Ability to effectively develop measurable results and objectives and communicate ideas both verbally and visually to clients
- Excitement for growth, embracing new opportunities to tell stories, and being hands-on with the design team
- Strong eye for design, typography, illustration and photography
- Proactive team player, collaborative mentality with an ability to work with other members of our team, as well as to take direction and feedback
- Ability to complete multiple projects on schedule and under budget
Benefits: Competitive pay, healthcare, vision, dental and life insurance (with matching), healthcare savings account, and retirement benefits (with matching).
This position is full-time in our Frederick, Maryland office.