Part-time Sales Specialist
Do you have a heart for community and a passion for sales? Postern is looking for a driven part-time Sales Specialist to manage all aspects of advertising for multiple publications on behalf of Postern and its sister company Postern Publishing. As a full-service marketing agency and publisher with a forward-thinking culture, we’re looking for the right person to join our dynamic team and support the growth of our publications. We want a Sales Specialist who will bring positive energy and authenticity to everything they do while achieving results.
Our publications, some of which we’ve been publishing for 15+ years, can be seen here. Apply now if this sounds like the opportunity for you!
- Proactively manage all aspects of advertising sales for multiple publications on behalf of Postern, its sister companies, and its clients
- Build and maintain positive strategic relationships in our community to grow business opportunities for Postern and its sister companies
- Network at community events, trade conferences, and other business-related gatherings
- Contribute to the ideation, planning, and implementation of Postern’s overall publishing strategy
- Conduct business development activities including but not limited to:
- Seeks new clients and opportunities with existing clients
- Meets directly with prospective and existing clients
- Maintains a strategic and collaborative sales approach
- Conducting frequent calls and meetings to nurture new development contacts and grow opportunities with existing contacts
- Strategize and provide regular reporting of development efforts, goals, leads, and projections
- Coordinating with internal team as needs of clients develop
- Assists in collections as needed
- Bring new ideas and innovative approaches to the table
- Support and empower creative team members through intake of advertising materials
- Assist in the creation and presentation of advertising proposals
- Grow and protect Postern’s culture of integrity, creativity, and commitment to our community
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in sales, marketing, and/or publishing
- Publishing experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in use of Google Workplace Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively develop measurable results and objectives
- Strong verbal communication skills and positive energy
- Excitement for growth and new opportunities to build relationships
- Collaborative mentality and an ability to work with other members of our team
- Capable of finding creative solutions to challenges and barriers
- Willingness to accept feedback and continuing growing as a person and professional
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Generous commission structure with unlimited earning potential.
This position is part-time with opportunity for hybrid work or in our Frederick, Maryland office.